Navigation

11/6/13

Changing Table Makeover



While I was originally going to simply put a changing pad on top of a dresser, I was able to get a changing table and baby bed at a yard sale for $100. The downside of the changing table was that it was pink. This called for a simple paint job. Luckily, the pink was a nice powder pink, not a bright screaming-in-your-face kind of pink. I'm not sure if you can even tell in the picture.

Honestly, I would have been changing the table color even if we were having a girl. The changing table is in the front room, since this is where we will spend the majority of our time and have the rocker. I grabbed the side table in the front room while I was at it. It was a left-over from the hubby's bachelor days and it shows.


I knew the changing table was going to be an easy fix, as it was wood. The side table on the other hand was laminate wood, and thus a complete headache. I grabbed some 1-2-3 Primer and a can of gray paint that was on sale at Walmart. I gave the side table two coats of primer and two coats of the gray paint. I gave the changing table three coats of gray paint.


I absolutely love how the changing table turned out. It's more of an antique gray-white that a harsh gray. It also happens to look fantastic with the changing pad cover that I picked up at Walmart a week before. I am starting to get excited now that I'm getting things ready!


I also really liked how the side table turned out. How could I not with how it looked before? Sadly, I have to report that even with the 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of gray paint, which I applied and let dry over an entire weekend (we're talking a minimum of 4 hours before I went for the next coat), some of the paint came off when we moved a coaster. I'm not talking about just some of the gray paint, I mean ALL the paint. Still, it works well enough to keep me happy with it until we eventually invest in new front room furniture. We are still using my old glass TV stand, which I cannot stand. Can you tell we are still renting? I can't wait until we buy a house and really start investing in some nice things. It's just not worth the headache of moving and damaging things right now. Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment