Navigation

9/5/13

Gender Reveal Ideas

I know that I promised Baby DIY in the near future, but it seems that will be put off a little longer than expected. My amazing hubby has been working up in Indiana on a roof during the weekends, so my crafting weekend times has been spent traveling with him. So while waiting for some fun tutorials and other updates, I thought I would post about my latest obsession... gender reveals!

We have decided to find out the sex of the baby. We figure it is our first baby, and we have no idea what to expect in the next few months, at least we can know one thing! Besides, it will be a surprise whether we find out in a couple of weeks or a couple of months. Plus I am still debating over a little girls name... the boys has been firmly set. I will be going to the doctor the morning of September 23rd for my first normal ultra sound. We should be able to find out the sex of the baby.

I've already decided that I'll be taking the day off, and am trying to convince hubby we should go look at Babys'R'Us for registry type stuff. I already have a registry started, but I have been trying to think of ways to get hubby more involved. I think browsing the aisles of baby wonders and picking things together will bring us closer. Considering we will BOTH be using the stuff, why should I pick out things that I want without considering hubby's preferences?

I thought we could also take some time that day to take a picture for a Gender Reveal on Facebook. Hubby doesn't have a FB so the only one who might spill the beans on there before me is my mother. To avoid any of that, I figured we would take a quick snapshot the day of and post it that evening! So some of the ideas that I've found on Pinterest that I'm a big fan of are:

Ribbon/Scarf 

I absolutely adore the idea of a picture with a ribbon/scarf representing the sex of the baby. I think this would be a fantastic new profile picture for my FB page. However, I don't think I would like it as a new cover photo.

Balloons

Balloons are incredibly popular for gender reveals. Below are a few of my favorites. The helium balloons coming out of a box and the large one with the baby's name would be fantastic for a profile pic. The floor shot with balloons surrounding the couple and the time lapse balloon release photo would be a super cute new cover photo. Odd how the majority of the balloon pics I like are girls...


Confetti


Something that would be incredibly fun for hubby and I to do is some kind of Confetti/Silly string show down. That would really require a third person to be taking the pictures though. Although we might be able to figure it out with enough effort...

Sign

An incredibly simple final idea is to simply have some type of sign stating the gender/name of the baby.


So those are the ideas I have at the moment. In a little over two weeks I'll make sure to post about what I decided to go with. On a side note, my mother is convinced that I am having a little girl. We will see soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment