Navigation

8/19/11

Guest Book Alternative

Wedding Tree 

Instead of having a traditional guest book, I have been considering having an alternative... a wedding tree! I don't remember how I came across this idea, but it was while Googling "Fall Wedding". The process is to have a large canvas with a tree and the bride and groom's names on it. However, the catch is that the tree doesn't have any leaves. Rather than providing signatures on a page, guests "leaf" their thumbprint on the tree by using the ink provided. They can also sign next to their thumbprint if they choose. I fell in love with this idea immediately, because the tree can be framed and hung within the home. To me, this seems wonderful compared to a guestbook that would simply gather dust in storage. I was hesitant because some might view this alternative as "stupid". Based on the entire casual environment of my wedding and the setting being fall... I think this guestbook alternative really fits.

Wet wipes and test pages are provided, so guests don't have ink-stained thumbs the entire night. Also, the ink pads can correspond with the wedding's colors. I whipped up and example of what our tree might look like before being leafed by our guests. I haven't decided if I want to print this out on a canvas, or try to draw something similar by hand. There are kits available on Etsy, but most of them require you to print the image they create... I can do that part! The ones who actually frame it and everything are a bit too pricey for my taste. This is meant to be a simple and crafty alternative to the guest book, not an expensive endeavor. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment