Navigation

9/17/11

Wedding Update!

I have had a lot going on the past few weeks and little time to update my blog. I recently accepted a new position as an Instructional Designer at DePauw University, so along with trying to keep track of the Wedding I will be tackling a move! However, I have made some progress on my Wedding Tree Guestbook which I will post a picture of once I have completed it. I ended up getting a large canvas from Big Lots (good find Mom!) and some paint... and TADA! I knew those Drawing classes from OCU would pay off eventually.



Invitations
Back to the point of this post... invitations have went out! If I did not have your address I will be trying to catch you and hand-deliver your invitation. That is actually on my agenda for tonight!

I am very proud of my invitations, so if you love them let me know! (If you don't love them, pretend that you do!) I designed them myself in Adobe Illustrator. The poem was found on an Offbeat Bride's Blog. The original poem was for a Halloween wedding, so Amber and I altered it to fit my wedding. The concept and design are all the original work of yours truly, with some minor inspiration from the giving tree. I absolutely love creating these, so if anyone needs invitations don't hesitate to ask!!!

On the subject of invitations... my lovely and wonderful Aunts have sent out my Bridal Shower invitations as well, which will be held on September 25 (I love you!). So check your mailboxes!

Rings...
My wedding ring came in yesterday! I absolutely love it (ok. ok. I know I probably shouldn't have tried in on but how else do you make sure it will fit?! What a blunder it would have been to be at the alter and my fat fingers get in the way of marital bliss!!).

When Chadd and I were shopping around for bands, we went all over town and realized that they can be ridiculously expensive. However, the trip around gave us an idea of what we wanted at least. I settled on asimple 14k White Gold wedding band (this way I can solder my engagement and wedding band together if I choose). Chadd discovered he really liked the Tungsten Carbide and Titanium bands (told him so!), despite saying he didn't like them initially. He said they felt more comfortable than anything else and slid on smoother. A long story short, we actually ordered our bands off of Amazon.com. Some people may be hesitant to go this route, but I strongly recommend it especially if you know exactly what you want. I found my band here and Chadd's band here. For a comparison... a ring similar to the one Chadd wanted was at JCPenney for double the price! My ring wasn't as much of a steal compared to JCPenney's price but came out about $20 cheaper since there was no shipping charge.





 
Odds & Ends
I also found an adorable denim jacket for me to wear over my dress to combat a cold night!
I think it will look really nice with my dress and the overall feel we are going for (Country Casual!). I have the Flower Girl's Dresses, Jaycee & Macy will look adorable in these. I was debating and searching for what I wanted them to wear, and them BAM Walmart answered my thoughts. The girls will look adorable in the denim shirt dress with cowboy boots. If it is cold they can pair it with brown leggings and whatever jacket they choose!

We still haven't nailed down the Bridesmaid attire, but we have some general ideas. I think it will help when Amber can come up and we can all go shopping together. The great thing about denim is that we can pair it with anything! Chadd has been pretty quiet through all the outfit planning, but he nixed the Groomsmen wearing boots pretty quickly. The overall idea for the Groomsmen is jeans and button up dress shirt in burnt orange or any brown in either solid or plaid.

I think that sums up the majority of the Wedding Plans to date. I should be able to update with by the end of the weekend with pictures of the Wedding Tree Guestbook!

Weekend Wedding Checklist
  • Order Wedding Rings - Done! And mine has come in, but we are still waiting on Chadd's
  • Finish Wedding Tree Guestbook
  • Flowers - Done thanks to Aunt Gloria!
  • Test mason jar oil lamp idea
  • Handout Invitations
  • Confirm a Photographer
  • Buy Tablecloths

No comments:

Post a Comment